Interested in Being Our Business Development Lead?
We’re seeking a highly-motivated, seasoned sales professional to drive our expansion across Africa. Are you up for the task? If so, check out the job description below to learn more.
All interested applicants should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Job Application: Business Development Lead” in the subject line by December 30, 2015. The position is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Position Title: Business Development Lead
TaroWorks is seeking a highly-motivated, seasoned sales professional to drive its expansion across Africa. The Business Development Lead will identify, sell and close annual SaaS subscriptions and professional service engagements to new customers including social enterprises, NGOs, and for-profit companies working at the bottom of the pyramid.
The ideal Business Development Lead candidate is creative, high-energy and flexible, comfortable working in start-up environments and who keeps a focus on meeting and exceeding sales goals while placing a high priority on client relationships. Candidates must be comfortable communicating with all level decision makers within the target prospect base including c-level executives, small social entrepreneurs and implementing field staff. The candidate should have an opportunistic eye toward generating leads based on the identified target market. The position is based in Nairobi with most prospecting and sales activities performed by phone, email, and skype but will occasionally require in-person meetings with potential clients. This position reports to the Global Market Development Manager based in the Bay Area.
The Business Development Lead will have the following specific responsibilities:
- Develop of pipeline of qualified prospects in support of meeting or exceeding annual earned revenue target. Lead all new selling and revenue opportunities within Africa, and other regions when needed, from prospecting and sales planning to contract execution to meet or exceed annual revenue target.
- Maintain relationships with prospects by providing information, support, and guidance throughout the sales cycle.
- Drive consultative sales: able to understand the problem the customer is trying to solve, and then recommend and map how TaroWorks will specifically address that problem
- Remain abreast of key industry trends and be aware of all competitive forces in the marketplace, sharing any relevant information with management on a regular basis
- Work with other key TaroWorks teams and leverage key TaroWorks resources through the sales cycle to move and convert prospects into contracted and paying TaroWorks customers
- Prepare and maintain reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales activities in Salesforce.com
- Be an active part of TaroWorks’ strategic planning: Identify product and professional services improvements by channeling customer feedback to key teams within TaroWorks and keeping abreast on industry trends, market activities, and competitors
- Represent TaroWorks in relevant industry, trade or community events to create greater brand awareness for the product.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A minimum of 5 year’s sales experience with proven track record in software solution sales including developing pipelines, planning sales and managing the sales process. Proven ability to prospect, build a pipeline and forecast accurately.
- Track record of consistently delivering revenue to meet or exceed all revenue targets
- Strong strategic and consultative selling skills, via telephone calls, meetings and emails
- Strong ability to qualify decision makers and manage a sales cycle which includes successfully directing resources, uncovering customer needs, identifying opportunities, removing barriers, articulating value to the customer’s business.
- Motivated and driven to make continuous improvements and the ability to thrive without significant direct supervision.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including negotiation
- Comfort presenting to a wide variety of audiences including executive leaders, entrepreneurs, and field workers
- Experience with Salesforce or another CRM system highly desired
- Experience with geographically distributed teams and driving accountability and tracking results
- Enthusiasm and passion for our mission and work
- Excellent organizational, time management skills and multi-tasking skills: ability to simultaneously close large customers while nurturing early stage prospects
- Hands-on experience with Salesforce.com or other related CRM systems
- Good negotiation and deal closing skills.
- Team player – someone who can coordinate and work with internal resources necessary to close a sale.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or related field
- 5 or more years sales experience in the software or technology
- Experience in technology/enterprise software sales and account management