Position Title: Marketing and Communications Manager
Status: Full Time
Location: Nairobi, Kenya or Mexico City, Mexico
Date: ASAP, latest September 1, 2023
TaroWorks is seeking a highly motivated, seasoned marketing professional to drive its outreach and brand amplification globally. The Marketing and Communications Manager will manage marketing initiatives, create and publish TaroWorks content and communications, and track key KPIs to continuously improve marketing outcomes over time.
The ideal candidate is creative, high-energy, flexible, comfortable working in small business environments, able to deliver on innovative initiatives, and has a strategic focus on top-of-the-funnel lead generation. Candidates must be comfortable communicating with all levels of decision-makers within organizations, including C-level executives, social entrepreneurs, systems administrators, and field managers.
At TaroWorks, our mission is to enhance product and service delivery to improve the lives of the underserved through technology that enables better field services, including inventory management and impact data collection. Our product is a flexible, easy-to-use, offline extension of Salesforce.com, the world’s leading customer relationship management software. Our customers distribute goods and services in remote places with little to no access to mobile network, yet want to digitize their operations, service delivery, and decision-making. TaroWorks LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Grameen Foundation, a non-profit investing in the power of women living in poverty and hunger.
TaroWorks offers a fun, fast-paced, open work culture with less emphasis on bureaucracy and hierarchies. Our global and distributed team of employees creates a very international and exciting environment with the opportunity to connect and learn from a diverse range of experiences and backgrounds. We encourage constant self-improvement with best-in-class training opportunities available through Salesforce.com and other platforms.
TaroWorks’ core values are:
- Customer Success: We create successful, impactful outcomes for our clients
- Continuous Improvement: We adapt and improve through an agile approach, both for our customers and for TaroWorks
- Trust: We act with integrity, openness, and accountability to build trust
- Pamoja (“together”): We treat each other with empathy and respect to create a collaborative, cohesive culture.
Find out more at www.taroworks.org.
The Marketing and Communications Manager’s ultimate goal is to increase brand and product awareness and bring in new leads. The position will have responsibilities including, but not limited to:
Marketing Execution Management
- Manage marketing events (mostly virtual, but potential in-person) and content calendars (e.g. blog posts, social media posts, delivery deadlines, publishing dates, etc.)
- Project manage all marketing and communications initiatives, including coordinating with teammembers and contractors for deliverables
- Report on marketing outcomes and effectiveness on a regular basis (e.g. monthly/quarterly reviews), including website traffic, SEO results, social media growth, and inbound leads
- Develop digital and physical marketing collateral to support marketing events and sales team needs
- Provide data-driven recommendations for improvements and initiatives to increase lead generation
Content Marketing and Webinars
- Develop fresh and frequent online content with a focus on SEO
- Develop webinar topics and execute them, including scheduling, coordinating all participants and their roles, and managing webinar broadcast
- Select topics and write blog posts on a regular cadence (every 1-2 months), for the TaroWorks website or guest blog post
- Promote content on TaroWorks Website, social media, emails, or other online publications
- Develop relationships with publishing outlets, to secure opportunities to partner
- Monitor events/conferences, and create plans for which ones the company should attend
- Send internal and external email announcements and other communications out on a regular basis
- Work with graphic designers to produce visually engaging content that aligns with contemporary design cues
- Communicate and reflect the brand identity and company values carefully and consistently at all times
Lead Generation, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Qualification, and Conversion
- Demonstrate proficiency with Salesforce.com’s Pardot platform
- Use Pardot Scoring to identify quality leads, to share with the sales team
- Develop and/or improve email campaigns to increase conversions
- Plan social media communications and campaigns, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to increase top-of-the-funnel brand awareness and interest
- Execute online paid advertising campaigns
- Optimize published content and website landing pages for SEO
- Conduct A/B testing to improve website conversion rates
- Make basic updates to the website on WordPress, and the Salesforce AppExchange listing
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or journalism preferred
- A minimum of 5 years marketing experience with proven track record in B2B marketing, and lead generation
- Experience with enterprise software marketing preferred
- Excellent writing and verbal skills in English
- Experience writing blog articles, and social media content, with versatility to take on different tones
- Marketing analytics skills, including analyzing Google Analytics, A/B testing, and SEO results
- Ability to independently manage projects and deadlines
- Comfortable communicating with a wide variety of audiences including executive leaders
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
- Pardot and WordPress experience highly preferred
- Experience running online advertisements on social media platforms, Google, etc
- Experience with basic graphic design preferred
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Self-motivated and comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
- Enthusiasm and passion for our mission and social impact work
The Marketing and Communications Manager will report to the Chief Executive Officer (based in Washington, DC), and work closely with the Marketing Strategy Consultant (based in Kenya).
ASAP, latest by September 1, 2023
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may apply at this application link. Please be prepared to upload or link to writing samples as part of your application.