Status: Full Time Contractor Position
Band/Grade: Professional Level
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Classification: Exempt (not eligible for overtime compensation)
Date: August 2021
TaroWorks is seeking a TaroWorks Consultant to lead the design and deployment of TaroWorks for our clients. This includes providing training, consulting services and ongoing support for customers across Africa, Asia and Latin America. If you love technology and are prepared to go the extra mile to help your customers succeed – you’ll enjoy being part of the TaroWorks team.
This role is 90% customer facing, and 10% internal. The TaroWorks Consultant will be expected to work 40 hours per week and occasionally will be required to work in the evenings, early mornings and on weekends. Domestic and international travel of between 10% – 40% time was likely pre-pandemic but is not yet being requested by our clients. Currently all services are remote.
This role has five main objectives:
1. Ensure Customer Success
- Become an expert in TaroWorks and Salesforce.com functionality
- Provide Tier 1 support for our client portfolio across a variety of sectors
- Raise any account risks to Customer Success team
- Compile customer use data, case statistics, and support metrics
2. Deliver High Quality Services
- Provide professional services packages containing training, implementation, and/or advisory services
- Generate repeat service customers by designing and building scalable solutions that demonstrate immediate value to our clients
3. Build Scalable Support Systems
- Update the customer support site with articles and videos to maximize customer independence
- Streamline/enhance support processes wherever possible
4. Support Product Development
- Participate in product improvement by capturing customer issues and needs, and communicating them to the product team
5. Support Sales Team
- Work with Sales to manage and improve TaroWorks sales demos
- Create and support customer trial instances for prospects
The TaroWorks Consultant reports to the Director of Product & Professional Services.
September 1, 2021
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Candidates should have strong communication skills and service-oriented attitude. Reflective of most start-up environments, this is very much a hands-on position, requiring in-the-trenches tactical work and learning on the job. The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Proven aptitude in system thinking and problem solving
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly and apply them in combination
- Demonstrated ability to carry out a technical task with verbal instructions and limited supervision
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand data models and relational databases
- Ability to effectively manage and communicate priorities, expectations, risks and concerns to customer and team members
- Strong relationship management skills to build deep, lasting relationships with customers – comfortable communicating with varying stakeholders of an organization from executives to end users
- Exceptional communication skills and fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to facilitate process mapping and requirements elicitation sessions
Education and Experience
- Experience with SalesForce.com desirable
- Bachelor degree in computer science, engineering or business
- 3 – 5 years working experience, with at least a year of experience deploying software (customer facing)
- Technical Business Analysis/Consulting experience desirable
- Apex programming experience desirable
- English and Spanish fluency both written and verbal
At TaroWorks, our mission is to improve product and service delivery to the poor by bringing real-time data to any organization, anywhere. Our customers distribute goods and services in remote places with no access to network, and use technology to improve their operations and delivery. Our system is an offline mobile extension of salesforce.com, the world’s leading customer relationship management software. TaroWorks LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Grameen Foundation, a US-based non-profit dedicated to helping the world’s poor connect with their potential.
Find out more at www.taroworks.org.
How to Apply
Interested candidates may apply in the TaroWorks Consultant application form. No phone calls please.