Position Title: TaroWorks Senior Consultant
Band/Grade: Professional Level
Status: Full Time
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Classification: Exempt (Not eligible for overtime compensation)
Date: April 2022
TaroWorks is seeking a TaroWorks Senior Consultant to lead the design and deployment of TaroWorks Enterprise for our clients. This includes deploying Salesforce, TaroWorks, and TaroWorks Enterprise for customers across Africa, Asia and Latin America. If you love technology and are prepared to go the extra mile to help your customers succeed – you’ll enjoy being part of the TaroWorks team.
This role is 90% customer facing, and 10% internal. The consultant will be expected to work 40 hours per week and occasionally will be required to work in the evenings, early mornings and on weekends. Domestic and international travel of between 10% – 40% time is likely.
This role has five main objectives:
1. Ensure Customer Success.
- Develop strong and trusting relationships with our customers
- Raise any account risks to Customer Success team and propose mitigations
- Author high quality written deliverables for clients such as process narratives, test scripts, and change request logs
2. Deliver High Quality Professional Services.
- Own and deliver professional services packages containing training, implementation, and/or advisory services
- Generate repeat service customers by designing and building scalable solutions that demonstrate immediate value to our clients
- Using your expertise in TaroWorks Enterprise, design and deploy systems that solve customers’ pain in inventory and field management
- Deliver custom solutions from scoping to post-implementation support
- Manage client expectations, scope, and timeline through clear communications
3. Build Scalable Support Systems.
- Own and drive the quality, effectiveness, and sustainability of our TaroWorks Enterprise customer support site
- Review all TaroWorks Enterprise articles on the customer support site before published for customer consumption
- Update the customer support site with TaroWorks Enterprise articles and videos to maximize customer independence
- Deliver Services team deliverables related to each product release such as maintaining TSO orgs, hosting webinars, or creating videos.
4. Support Product Development.
- Document each instance of desired improvements to the product from customers, partners or the senior consultant’s experience implementing the product
- Host internal customer spotlight demonstrations to share TaroWorks use cases with the rest of the company
- Execute User Acceptance Testing to verify new features from the customer’s perspective
5. Support Sales Team
- Own TaroWorks sales demo environments and respond to support or change requests in that environment from the Sales Team
- Create and support customer trial instances for prospects for TaroWorks Enterprise
- Host engaging and exciting TaroWorks Enterprise release webinars, to drive sales and teach existing customers about new product features
- Identify and communicate opportunities for new service products
- Represent our product and company in the marketplace by hosting virtual and physical presentations
The TaroWorks Senior Consultant reports to the Director, Product & Professional Services.
May, 2nd 2022
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Candidates should have display strong customer-focus and service mentality. Reflective of most start-up environments, this is very much a hands-on position, requiring in-the-trenches tactical work and learning on the job. The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Project Management skills to drive successful delivery within targeted timelines
- Proven aptitude in system thinking and problem solving
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly and apply them in combination
- Business analyst skills that enable the consultant to design enabling technologies based on customer’s desired business processes
- Demonstrated ability to carry out a technical task with verbal instructions and limited supervision
- Demonstrated ability to design scalable data models that consider how data will be distributed to TaroWorks mobile users in the field
- Ability to effectively manage and communicate priorities, expectations, risks and concerns to customer and team members
- Strong relationship management skills to build deep, lasting relationships with customers – comfortable communicating with varying stakeholders of an organization from executives to end users
- Exceptional communication skills and fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to facilitate process mapping and requirements elicitation sessions
- Ability to create professional and engaging presentations
Education and Experience
- Salesforce AppBuilder Certification
- Bachelor degree in computer science, engineering or business
- 3 – 5 years in technology or management consulting
- Experience deploying enterprise software a plus
- Apex programming experience desirable
- French or Spanish fluency a plus
At TaroWorks, our mission is to improve product and service delivery to the poor by bringing real-time data to any organization, anywhere. Our customers distribute goods and services in remote places with no access to network, and use technology to improve their operations and delivery. Our system is an offline mobile extension of Salesforce.com, the world’s leading customer relationship management software. TaroWorks LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Grameen Foundation, a US-based non-profit dedicated to helping the world’s poor connect with their potential. Find out more at www.taroworks.org.
How to Apply
Interested candidates may apply by submitting their CV here.